Friday, April 8, 2011

Sew Liberated and Eco Craft

Greetings! I am pleased to be able to share two great books that I found at the local library. If you have not spent much time at the library you should definately check it out! I love looking for books, especially when if I am not sure if I would like to buy them. Most recently I found two great crafty books:

Eco Craft by Susan Wasinger is a great book about how to use common recycled items, such as wine bottles, baby jars, and magazines to make vases, chandeliers, and Christmas ornaments. The photos and easy to understand instructions are great! I personally am going to try to make the Christmas ornaments - it's never too late to start making gifts! :)



Sew Liberated by Meg McElwee is for the "modern sewist" and includes 20 easy projects that inspire creativity at the sewing machine! The book even includes patterns, which is great for the beginner sewer like me. :) Two projects I am excited about are the teacup corset apron, and the baby book, which is so cute!






Both these books can be found at amazon.com. You can also follow Meg McElwee on her blog here.

Be sure to check back in with me, because I will be documenting my progress and the final products soon! :)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment