Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Confession...

Ok I will admit it. I do have a need to keep things...people have called me an hoarder in jest. I am guilty of keeping bills and receipts years after the purchase (one of my current "projects" is cleaning out the file cabinet). Although the shows about hoarding do facinate me, the thought of stuffing our house full of stuff stresses me out to the point that I after watching just a few minutes of these shows, I immediately start giving away things I would never have wanted to before. The disease facinates and frightens me all at once!

Anyway...I have been trying to organize my craft room, which has turned into the guest/workout/office/misc room. I do not mind since my hubby has been so great about letting me do what I want with the room, even if I change the room right after he spent hours helping me rearrange it. The hardest part is getting a room just right (is it ever truly right?), and I have been guilty in the past of taking everything in my room, putting it in the center of the room, and then totally rearranging it. At least it keeps me busy...for now. But the hardest thing for me is that I have a lot of stuff, but I need to have it organized otherwise I get totally overwelmed and cannot focus on anything but the piles of stuff.

There are many great organizing ideas all over the internet, and here are a few of my favorites that I have already incorporated or would like to:
using a binder to store clear stamps - I do this now and it is handy (I cut out the paper telling me the manufactutor and tape it to the back of the stamp set)

ribbon storage - I kinda do this, but it is not color coordinated...

recycled storage containers
 
using pegboard
 
You can find more ideas here at the Better Homes and Gardens website.
 
Speaking of getting organized, I have decided to have a focus each day on this blog. I am hoping this will help me when I am having a hard time finding something to write about or need inspiration. Here is the following schedule:
MONDAY: Adventure of the week (something new I have either done or plan on doing relating to crafting)
TUESDAY: Crafty inspiration (either my work or others)
WEDNESDAY: A few of my favorite things.
THURSDAY: Inspirational (quote and photo)
FRIDAY: Week wrap-up and fun weekend ideas.
 
I also think it would be fun to incorporate something like this for my family relating to chores, meals, etc. I have something in mind and will share it soon.
 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment