Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Old photos

Hello fellow bloggies - I hope you had a marvelous day! Mine was great for two main reasons; 1) I got to hang out with my two main little guys (B and JB), and 2) I was able to start two and finish one scrapbook page using a few old family photos. Usually I just put photos on a page and decorate without journaling, but I wanted to challenge myself by journaling and incorporating a sketch or two I found.

This scrapbook page was something I wanted to create for a while. My hubby and I have been blessed with multiple sets of relatives who have been married for at least two decades. They are both wonderful examples of how a relationship can work, each in it's own way. I treasure the individual relationships I have with each one, and also respect and value their marriages as examples for our own.

Here is the first page:

 
 
 
Items used: Pink Paislee - Indigo Bleu stamps, Nantucket ribbon trims, Prairie Hill shopping tags, Expressions Wood Shop timber wood alphabet, Paper: Butterfly Garden – Botanical Gardens; Nantucket - Lobster Bisque; Collage Press – Taffeta; Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type
Here are the two sketches I drew from in case you didn't see my last post. I found them both on Pinterest, but I am putting the original sources here.

scrapbook.com

janaeubanksketch.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The second page has a few photos from when my brother was little. He is sooo cute in them - mind you he is 23 now. This page is not complete. Here is the preview:
 
Sorry for the poor lighting, I will have a better one when it is finished. I will also list the items I used.
 
And finally a photo I took today of the boys playing that I am going to make into a page titled "My First Buddy" or something like that... :)
 

So sweet.
 
 
Until next time, have a wonderful day!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment