Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Weekly Update

Hello fellow bloggies! Sorry for my absence - things have been a little crazy this past week. On top of being sick for a few days, one of my dear friends is moving across the country, and I am looking into daycare for our son, which I didn't think would be so difficult, but it has been emotional. In fact, I have been overly emotional about the whole thing, and after looking intensely for places in our area for a few hours, I had a breakdown on the phone with hubby, which caused him to be overly concerned about me the rest of the day. Let me tell you, not fun. I ended up looking at a place that seems like a good option so we shall see what unfolds. We have great options right now, but we would really like him to be interacting more with kids his age. It would also be ideal to find a place that has a daycare, and preschool. That way we could keep him there until he is ready to go to kindergarten. But not only is it hard to find a place like this, it is even harder to trust a place to watch your precious baby, especially when you worked at a daycare center for several years. There are great places, and some not so great places. It can also depend on each individual person, but I need a place that has consistancy and where I know everyone and they know me. Many commercial daycare centers do not offer that - not that I have been to EVERY one, but I am looking for something a little more personal. I know it will all work out. Please pray, cross your fingers, send good thoughts into the air. We always appreciate it! :)

Needless to say I have not been that creative this week, but it has been busy so here are some highlights:
  • Hubby has replaced the large mirror in our master bath with two individual mirrors. He also hung a few paintings above our bed - now we need a headboard! Pictures soon!
  • Made homemade banana chips, which turned out a lot better than homemade apple chips that I burned cause I forgot the timer went off...opps. I will definately try BOTH these recipes again. BTW A Beautiful Mess is one of my favorite blogs - YOU should check it out).
  • Discovered a yummy white chicken chili recipe (my mom also makes a killer white chili).
  • Received my cards from the Bazzill Basics Paper card swap and I am super excited for the holiday swap. The cards I got are so cute. Such talented ladies!
And here are a few things that have caught my eye (some have been catching my eye for weeks!):
This makes me laugh every time I see it! Arcadiagraphic on Etsy

I am so excited for Christmas. West Elm holiday ornaments on Simplified Bee

Craftberry Bush is another favorite blog. Lucy knows how to put beautiful things together and photograph them well.


 
What is catching your eye this week? Hope you are having a nice week. <3 p="p">

No comments:

Post a Comment